1. Create a daily schedule - Do not over-schedule.
Balance your time and activities make sure to include self-care.
2. Set time limits - for tasks that can't easily be broken down,
3. Accept some discomfort when completing tasks - You may never be 100% in the mood.
4. Focus on the outcome of a task. How do you feel when you complete something on your to-do list? Remember adults with ADHD often overestimate how difficult a task can be. And underestimate positive feelings....
5. Develop plans for handling distractions - write a list of your possible distractions and be prepared to change. Generally, change does not come easily.
6. Identify procrastinating behaviours - These are unhelpful, unproductive and mindless.
7. Create a distraction free area for completing tasks - Keep it tidy, sit down, (silence phone) let people know you are going to be busy.
8. Know and understand your objective and stick to it - Don't make detours.
9. Reward your self for completing a task!!
Be kind to yourself - living with ADHD is exhausting enough !!